Monday 29 March 2010

60th Birthday card


We recently had a special family birthday on St Patricks day so I put my thinking cap on. The card was for a man so I wanted to stay away from anything girly (which was hard). I also wanted to mark the special birthday so came up with the idea of a rosette found on Plantin Schoolbook. I wanted it to have alot of depth so I cut it twice at 5" and cut the 2nd rosette tracing the original so the rose part of it was layered on top and stuck with foam pads over the first rosette. I cut a circle in white to fit the centre and embossed with white dots. On the first rosette I embossed the ribbons with candy cane stripe and placed some sparkly peel offs in the grooves it created. This then flowed nicely with the '60' that I cut from holographic card from PS again. (sorry I can't remember the sizes). I then cut a background embossed in swiss dots and layered matching green card behind, and stuck all of this to a 8x6" card. I was really pleased with the overall effect especially as I started with the rosette and left it a few days and just before the party it all seemed to come together. I hope you like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cuttlebugblog